Sunday, February 6, 2011

Why the raven is like a writing desk?

Hi there readers, since I am disturbed from my sleep and it is quite late to do some serious work, might as well just blog. I found out I tend to write better when I am half awake because my mind tend to have deeper thoughts.



Have you ever asked your partner this question, "Why do you like me?"



I am so sure most of you would have asked that question before, and especially if you are a girl asking your boyfriend.



Answers I have heard include, because you are so arrogant =/, because you are cute, because you always make me laugh, because I can get along with you, because you are good in bed, because you are RICH, because you are HOT, HANDSOME, SEXY, because you are famous, because you can cook, because we shared the same interest, because you are kind, and the because just goes on....



However, I am sure some of you would have gotten this answer:



I don't know. I have no clue why do I love you. I just love you for who you are.



Awww...for me, that is really the most genuine answer. However, some people tend to dislike that kinda answer and perceive them as being insincere. They will start questioning like, "you mean there are nothing about me that you even like???"



Why must there be an answer to everthing?



Can someone please tell me what is the answer to famous riddle of Alice in the Wonderland, why the raven is like a writing desk? When Lewis Caroll included this riddle in the tale, everyone demanded for an answer. Everyone wants to know the answer and find it silly and stupid that Caroll has included a riddle that has got no answer.



Can you explain why the sun must rise from the east? Can you tell me who created God?



As far as human is curious and demand an explanation for everything, there are certain things that cannot be explained or rather left unknown.



Can someone please tell me why he must love that girl/boy who is so ugly, fat and unattractive? Isn't it I am ten times better than her/him?



I can tell you, it is just feeling. The proper word would be, chemistry. Or maybe if you believe in karma, both of you are lovers in past life or you owe that person something in your past life, and this time you are destinied to meet him/her to repay your debt or be with him/her again.



When I found out I fell in love with him, I cannot explain it either. I keep asking myself everyday the same question? Why do I like him? He is not cute, not handsome, not rich, not funny, and in fact he is so dull. But believe it or not, it is the feeling. When I first meet him, it is the feeling of extreme comfort I have, somehow my senses just tell me he is the one I would want to be with.



Some of you might have fallen in love with someone because that person is so spontaneous, for example he gives you a kiss on your cheek unexpected or just hug you from behind.



True love need no explanation. Love is blind. If love can be explained, it is not love, it is an exchange of benefit.



I am not saying there should not be any benefit you wish to obtain from that person, but if the benefit is your first motive, then how genuine are you in being in the relationship? You want a handsome boyfriend so that you feel proud and your friends will look at you in awe when you go out with him? You want your boyfriend that drive a big car? You want a boyfriend that can bring you go for fine dining every week?



Perfection does not exist. Nothing is perfect. If you have witnessed before, if your boyfriend can provides you with all the luxuries, he tend to be a playboy and less likely to be faithful to you. You are just one of his toys, at first he will shower you with all his attention, but when he found out that you no longer interest him, he will just dump you like a trash.



As for myself, I am very grateful when someone loves me because of my weakness. For example, I may be insensitive, bad temper and whatever bad characteristic you can think of, you still continued to love me. You never give up on me no matter how I broke your heart sometimes. Believe me, because of your genuine feeling and faith in me, I will incline to change my bad characteristic. This is because I think you really deserve something better. Everyone has a conscience in what they did. I know there are certain people who take advantage of others love and sacrifices for them, and they take it for granted. When people is being nice to you, it does not mean you truly deserve them, it is because they love you too much and you are definitely blessed! However, if you don't count your blessing, you will regret it when its too late. Remember the song, Back to December by Taylor Swift?



If you still love me despite when I told you the following:



I have nothing to offer you at the moment,

I am not the famous hunk everyone is chasing after,

I cannot be as funny as Mr Bean to make you laugh 24/7,

I do not have a big car to take you everywhere,

I am sorry that you may find me a bit of a bore,

I am unable bring you go holiday and luxury dining because I cannot afford it at the moment,

I am sorry you will have to bear with me because I have my parents to take care of,

I may lose my temper when I am stressed up,

I am sorry that I have to work hard and unable accompany you all the time,

I am sorry that I can't make you go ooo and ahhh on the bed,

I am a sucker in being romantic,

I do not have muscular pecs, abs, biceps, triceps, I am sorry that I am a bit out of shape,

and finally...



I am sorry because I cannot be the ideal knight in shining armor that you always fantasized...



But, if you still continued love me, I will make sure you are the luckiest person one day.

Do not look into the present, think of the future. I may not be who you would have wished me to be now, but as long as I am still breathing, I can still give you what you deserve.



When the day is sunny, I will never forget that you are the one who shelter me with your umbrella when I am drenched and soaked wet under the heavy rain once....

4 raindrops:

Anonymous said...

First, by reading the title, I thought you're going to write about Alice in Wonderland but found out you're writing about not every question has an answer.

Second, it's a very wise choice of you to blog again because I just love reading the way you write about topics like this. I could never write like you but then again, everyone has a unique style of writing. Keep it up! Write more!

- a L E x - said...

Sooooo deep! LoL

Ditto to Calvin's first statement xD

joshua said...

awesome post! well love needs no rationale or reason. love is love.

and i bet your partner is gonna be the luckiest person on earth! :)

Blog Boy said...

nicely done. :)

Post a Comment