Friday, February 11, 2011

CNY Rabbit Paper Mache

I finally can post about this. =)

Just before the CNY, I made this CNY card. I was really lazy at first, I guess after not touching any arty work for so long, my skill just rust. However, I did made one for last Christmas. I have no idea at first how to do it and that explain the small size...LOL.

Making it definitely test my patience, well...part of my resolutions is to become patient, so I thought this will be the best way to test my patience.

In order to make it, I have recycled 3 CNY card, u know those ugly plain CNY card sent by companies. Luckily, their color is rich and outstanding, this helped save the cost for the material. I just need to get those paper that I do not have. I pretty much have all the material left behind from last time. There were so many art material left unused in my cupboard.

In the beginning, I do not know how I should do the layout. Then I don't know how to draw ><
I thought of forgetting it and throw away already...LOL
However, with some self-motivation and perservarance, I managed to draw and cut all the individual small piece to form the paper mache. And before I knew it, is completed. =D













After the cover was done, I am thinking what to do with the inside. I really have no idea. It took me quite a while and some trial and error to plan the inside. At first, I thought of a lion dance inside it. But the lion turned out so ugly, so remove everything. HAHAha
Luckily, last Christmas, I made something similar. So I decided I will just use the same concept. In the end, it look something better. But I have problem with the head. Due to CNY, I just leave it behind and much later I got inspiration on making the head. So glad! HAHA
Everything is completed and I am glad I finished it. Picture for final work is not available because I totally forgotten to take any picture ><
Happy Bunny Year, and sorry there is no tutorial on making it. LOL. But the card is totally made from recycled material, everything I managed to got from CNY, CNY Card, angpow, stickers, etc. So folks, don't throw away those unused CNY card next time, it can be recycled and made into something else.
RECYCLE, REUSE, REDUCE =)

1 raindrops:

Anonymous said...

Eeee.... I don't care! Next year I want you to make me cards for CNY, my birthday, Christmas! Hahahaha!!!

The rabbit looks so cute! I want! :(

Post a Comment