Monday, December 10, 2007

Things that melt your heart...

This post is about the new polar bear club at Berlin Zoo. Knut is a polar bear who was rejected by his mother but went on to win millions of hearts around the world. He is raised by Thomas Doerflein, who raise Knut from hand, playing with him and raising him from a bottle. Click here to read more. I really like polar bear. They are really the cutest thing on Earth, not to mention Panda bear. God's creation is so great!

























Isn't him cute? The reason why I am writing this post is not just to show you some cute bear. I want to let you know that polar bear is one of the endangered species. Global warming is to be blame. The ice in North Pole is melting. Polar bear is losing their habitat. They cling precariously to the top of what is left of the ice floe, their fragile grip the perfect symbol of the tragedy of global warming. Although polar bear is well adapted to water and can swim scores of mild to solid land, the distances is getting greater as the Artic ice diminishes. Swimming 100 miles may not be a big deal to a polar bear as they just kick and float along. However, as the ice gets farther from the shore because of warming, the swim become a longer distance and they need to use more energy. This makes them more vulnerable. As a result some of the polar bear drowned before reaching the shore.




The first picture show a drowned polar bear. Don't you pity those cuties? Save them. Reduce global warming. You can always do your part. Recycle! Remember the phrase Reduce, Reuse, Recycle? Just take what you don't need anymore and send it to the recycle center.
Do not let them end up like that...
I am dying because of you...

3 raindrops:

savante said...

Dang! The toys are really cute! Looks amost like the real bear!

Kenny said...

Yea Savante, it is really cute. I really wish I can have one. I have a Tommy Hilfiger sunbear at my home(not mine of course), but I really like to have one. Will post a picture of 'bears' at my house one day.

David The Man said...

Oh what a cute bear. I want to hug one!

Post a Comment